Take a quick glance over Piles
Piles also known as hemorrhoids, is a disease that causes bleeding from the anal region. This bleeding occurs due to swollen veins and inflammation in the rectum.
Piles are swollen and inflammed tissue in the anal area which can be of different sizes. Piles can be present both inside or outside the anus.
Internal piles is more common form of piles, located about 2 and 4 centimeters above the opening of the anus. These are itchy and cause bleeding. Internal piles requires medical attention.
External piles exists as small lumps, outside or around the edge of the anus. They are generally very itchy and can also become painful if a blood clot develops. This blood clot can block the flow of blood and at this stage it requires immediate medical attention.
It is possible to have both internal and external piles at the same time. Piles can overall be a very discomforting disease to deal with.
For youngsters and teenagers, who generally have a socially active lifestyle, piles can become a great cause of concern and embarrassment.
What age groups are most commonly affected by Piles?
A large number of people suffer from piles. According to a recent study, in India approximately 40,723,288 people are reported to have piles/ hemorrhoids and about 1 million new cases are reported annually with these figures rising considerably.
Follow data shows the age-wise probability of developing piles –
- Babies (0-2 years): extremely rare
- Toddlers (3-5 years): very rare
- Children (6-13 years): quite rare
- Teenagers (14-18 years): common
- Young adults (19-40 years): fairly common
- Adults (41-60 years): very common
- Seniors (60+ years): very common
The chances of getting piles increases with increasing age, wrong lifestyle and bad dietary choices.
What causes piles?
If you have a bad diet and lifestyle which is causing change in bowel movements making you strain while passing stools then you may get piles over the course of time.
If there is Increased pressure in the rectum, the blood vessels can get swollen over the course of time, causing inflammation.
So, If someone is generally spending a lot of time putting strain over the anal area while passing stools, then the risk of getting piles increases significantly.
This Increased pressure may also occur due to –
- Chronic constipation – due to bad food habits and lack of dietary fibre
- Chronic diarrhoea – due to bad food habits or infections
- Chronic cough
- Severe obesity – due to bad lifestyle, genetics and wrong dietary choices
- Lifting heavy weights – without following proper techniques
- Straining while passing stools – due to constipation or due to large stools
- A higher pressure in abdomen during pregnancy increases the chance of piles
- Sitting for long hours in the washroom while putting strain over the rectal area
If your teenager or young one is undergoing any such issue, get an appointment with your physician for a good counselling. An excellent place to do that is at Bottom’s Up Clinic in Bangalore for management of piles. It is the best clinic at Bangalore for the treatment of piles.
What are the symptoms of Piles?
Piles is an easily identifiable disease, however during the initial stages the symptoms can be hard to identify. If you suspect that your young one or if you may have piles look out for the following symptoms –
- Bleeding from anal region.
- Bright red blood visible in the pot after passing stool.
- Bleeding can be painless.
- Pain in the anus.
- Pain while passing stool.
- Itching in the anus.
- Lumps in the anus.
- Hard and painful lumps.
- Redness around anus.
- Itching around anus.
- Discomfort while passing stool.
- Soreness in the anus.
- Feeling of fullness in bowels even after passing stools.
- Slimy mucus in underwear or around the anal region.
- Slimy mucus around anus that may drip from anus.
If you’re still unable to understand and identify these symptoms, meet your physician at Bottom’s Up Clinic in Bangalore for complete check up and get an examination done.
If your young one or your teenager is experiencing similar difficulties during their bowel movements, visit best clinic in Bangalore for complete diagnosis and treatment of piles.
Suggested Reading: Can Aloe Vera be a Natural Treatment for Piles ?
Why are teenagers at risk?
Teenagers are mainly at risk due to faulty food habits and bad lifestyle choices. Some of which are
- High intake of junk food.
- Frequent consumption of spicy food
- Low intake of water.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Spending large amounts of time squatting over the pot.
- Higher consumption of aerated drinks and soft drinks.
- Low intake of fiber-rich diet.
- Lack of exercise.
- Growing problem of obesity.
Youngsters have a tendency to indulge in eating fast food on a regular basis. Whether it’s at parties or just for comfort eating, fast food is the first choice. Fast food is low is fibre, essential nutrients and high in salt which is very bad for gastrointestinal health.
Due to this habitual of fast and junk food consumption, youngsters start experiencing the problem of weight gain, constipation, mood swings and obesity. All these problems can start right from the school days if right eating habits are not suggested or bad eating habits are not corrected.
These eating and lifestyle changes if not corrected can carry on to their college life, where when stress is introduced into the mixture, things can get worse. Stress can alter bowel habits which can in turn increase the chance of getting piles significantly.
What can be done?
The answer is simple, lifestyle modifications and dietary changes are the way to go if you want to avoid piles in your teenage and youth.
A high-fiber diet which can be obtained by consuming plenty of salads, green vegetables, seasonal vegetables, multigrains and fruits should be done routinely.
One should avoid spicy food, refined flour and aerated beverages and rather consume multigrains or natural juices.
If you are searching for proper nutrition and lifestyle advice visit the best clinic in Bangalore for treatment and prevention of piles for the same. Bottom’s up clinic is one stop for nutrition related advice and lifestyle changes.
What to eat?
Make fibre your friend if you want to avoid constipation at all costs. Make sure you drink plenty of water along with a high intake of fibre to make it work perfectly.
Here are a list of things you should be eating on a routine basis in order to prevent piles and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Whole grains
- Multigrains mixtures
- Green leafy vegetables
- Fruit juices
- Clear broths
- Herbal teas
- Dry figs
Whole grains such as Oats, wheat, ragi etc are an excellent choice to start the day in order to make the digestion better and prevent piles. Green leafy vegetables such as Spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, tomato, broccoli , asparagus, lady finger etc are also good choices as they have a high fibre content that will make the stool softer and easier to pass.
Don’t remove the skin of fruits when you eat them, just wash the fruits properly. Fruits are full of water, antioxidants and nutrition.
Consume at least 8 to 12 glasses of water in a day and when you need a little extra something choose fruit juices over aerated drinks and caffeine. Avoid getting dehydrated at all costs.
Different kinds of herbal tea can help in the proper management of piles. They can help soothe irritation, reduce pain, decrease inflammation, and reduce bleeding. Teas like Dandelion tea and mullein tea are found to be particularly effective for this situation
Beans should be given a special mention since that are packed with fibre and proteins. Beans are a great source of fibre and should be eaten regularly. Go for options like Black-eyes peas, kidney beans and black beans. Do not forget to eat other legumes on a regular basis as well.
Dry figs are magical when it comes to improving intestinal motility and aiding in digestion. Onions and bananas are two other magic ingredients as well when it comes to soothing the symptoms of piles and reducing inflammation.
Yogurt and curd has a soothing effect on the stomach. They act as probiotics and increase good bacteria in the gut which further aids in digestion.
If you’re looking to get proper dietary advice on how to prevent piles, visit bottom’s up clinic in Bangalore. Bottom’s up clinic with its team of Nutritionists and doctors will ensure that a good dietary support and advice is given.
What to avoid?
It’s very important to rectify diet and make changes if one wants to lead a healthy life. Your teenager could be making wrong food choices a regular basis which will in turn cause dietary issues. Rectify these changes as soon as possible in order to prevent developing piles. Avoid consuming following foods to prevent piles.
- Refined flour
- Processed food
- Fast food
- Sweet aerated drinks
- Diet sodas
- Cyanne pepper
- Processed meat
- White bread
Refined flour, white bread and processed food all cause constipation as they are low in fibre and hard to digest. Cayenne Pepper irritates the mucosa and increases swelling and inflammation making the symptoms worser.
Fast food such as burgers, pizzas and french fries are high in bad fat and low in fibre. Cheese used in fast food also increases constipation. Processed meat has a heavy amount of preservatives which is bad for health and digestion. Coffe is rich in caffeine which causes dehydration.
Quick lifestyle tips for teenagers.
To every teenager reading this and every parent concerned, keep the following things in mind if you want to lead a piles free and healthy life –
- Eat a high-fibre diet.
- Food like beans, legumes, fruits and veggies are excellent for you.
- Drink a minimum of 8-12 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Exercise daily.
- Exercise will help in digestion.
- Don’t strain your anal muscles while passing stool.
- Straining increases the risk of Piles.
- Straining causes swelling of blood vessels and inflammation.
- Consume yoghurt and curd to soothe your digestive system.
- Yogurt and curd are probiotics what will aid in digestion and improve gut health.
- Do not sit in the toilet for a long time.
- Don’t use phone while you’re in the toilet, concentrate relieving yourself.
- Make dietary changes that make it easier for you to pass stools.
- Don’t avoid washroom visits, use the toilet as soon as you have the urge to pass stools.
- Maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Inform your parents immediately if you’re experiencing bowel problems.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience pain while passing stools.
- Get medical attention if you see blood during a bowel movement or in the pot after the bowel movement.
Who to consult?
When in doubt, always consult your doctor.
Take your young one or teenager to the doctor and get a dietary and lifestyle counselling done to ensure that your teenager is eating a good diet and leading a healthy lifestyle. Visit best clinic in Bangalore for treatment and prevention of piles. Get best advice on prevention of piles in bottom’s up clinic in Bangalore. Get a proper treatment of piles started in Bangalore if your teenager is suffering.
Bottom’s up clinic in Bangalore provides proper diagnosis, consultation and advice on how to prevent piles and lead a healthy lifestyle. Good nutrition advice and exercise tips on how to prevent piles is given.
What can parents do?
Get your teenager or young one examined for any gastrointestinal issue regularly. Visit the doctor as soon as he / she notifies you of any bowel related changes. Keep a check over the time your child spends while passing stools and ask if they are facing any issues while doing the same. Try to inculcate healthy habits in the daily routine to improve lifestyle.
Visit best clinic in Bangalore for treatment and prevention of piles. Get best advice on prevention of piles in bottom’s up clinic in Bangalore. Get a proper treatment of piles started in Bangalore if your teenager is suffering.
Urge your teenagers and youngsters to speak up.
Piles is often looked as an embarrassing issue to deal with. But why suffer in silence when good help and support can be provided.
As a teenager always try to speak up of you’re undergoing any painful or discomforting bowel changes. Reach out to your parents and open up to your doctor regarding what you’re feeling.
At Bottom’s Up Clinic, Bangalore we provide treatment with care, moral support and intimacy. There is no fear of judgment or shame. If you’re. Experiencing any such symptoms that indicate that you may have piles, reach out to bottom’s up clinic immediately for proper piles treatment in Bangalore.
Why choose bottom’s up clinic?
Bottom’s up clinic is a one stop clinic to rectify all your problems. It is a child and teenage friendly clinic where full support is provided to all the youngsters and teenagers.
Here at bottom’s up, we treat your problems like our own.There is absolutely no fear of judgment and we provide the best diagnostic and treatment service available.
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms and suspect that you or your young one could have piles, contact us immediately to get proper medical assistance and care.
With our brilliant team of Doctors and Nutritionists, we provide complete care and support.
Here is why Bottom’s up clinic is the best for you.
- We have 17 years of experience.
- More than 100000 happy patients have been treated successfully in our clinic.
- We have won the trust of over 100000 patients and counting.
- More than 16000 operations have been successfully conducted with no post-operative complications or complaints.
- We have positively impacted more than 5 lakh families, making their lives better and healthier.
- We follow a holistic approach with full privacy and intimacy.
- Our focus is majorly at prevention of piles.
- We use specially designed oils for treatment.
- We make sure to provide complete support with the assistance of our expert Nutritionists.
- Specially designed yoga exercises and support is given to every patient.
- We use safe Plies laser treatments.
- There is nearly zero chance of recurrence after our treatment.
- All aspects from prevention, treatment and avoidance support, all are provided under one roof.