Is it easy for you to fall sick?
Does it happen very often?
Are you one of those people that spend most of their time tucked away in their bed with a thermometer in their mouths because of recurrent fever and general body weakness? Do you cancel plans because you’re not feeling well again?
If all this happens to you quite often and very easily then you could have a weak immune system.
Your immune system is like your body’s army which defends your body against harmful things that can make you sick. Even if you let a harmful bacteria enter your body, your immune system will go on a war with it to keep you healthy.
The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has brought the importance of good immunity into perspective. A person with good immunity is less prone to infection and has a greater chance of survival.
So If you’re a healthy person with strong immunity, you’ll lead a longer, happier and healthier life as compared to someone who keeps getting sick and has a relatively weaker immune system.
So if you are someone who is tired of falling sick again and wants to improve their immunity, keep reading because :
Here are 5 proven ways with which you can improve your immunity
#1 Consume Antioxidants
If the word antioxidant sounds like a fancy term to you and you think you’ll never be able to find antioxidants ever, let alone consume it, then you’ll be delighted to know that the truth is quite different.
Look around you, every green vegetable and colourful fruit is filled with antioxidants. Go with the rule that brighter is better. Pick fresh green vegetables and seasonal fruits and add them to your diet. Not only your plate would look gorgeous because of all that colour but you’ll notice that you’ll start looking gorgeous too after regular consumption of green vegetables and fruits.
Every meal should contain a portion of green vegetables and you must have a bowl of seasonal fruits per day. Ensure that you eat the fruit raw, rather than juicing it.
Vegetables and fruits also contain essential vitamins and minerals that keep you healthy and strong. So don’t be a picky eater and work on your immunity by eating right.
#2 Don’t be lazy
If you are someone who doesn’t want to get involved in physical labour and likes to remain on their couch, then you’re inviting more diseases towards yourself than you probably think.
A person that keeps their body engaged in daily physical labours and indulges in moderate exercises every day or at least 5 times a week would have better immunity, compared to someone who doesn’t like to move at all.
If you’re already weak or are struggling with weight, start slow but get up and try. Walk for 30 mins a day and do yoga and breathing exercises. CDC recommends over 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise and 75 minutes of vigorous exercise to be done in a week in order for you to keep healthy. So running and jogging is probably the best thing you can add to your schedule.
Exercising improves your blood circulation, making the brain, heart, lungs and other organs function better. It lowers down your body weight, manages your mood and minimises bad cholesterol from the body making you healthier. All these factors improve your immunity and keep you healthy in the long run.
#3 Get some quality Sleep
It’s possibly the best hack ever if you want to stay healthy, but sleeping abruptly at any time or the day will do you no good. You need to have a proper sleeping schedule to reap the best benefits from it.
Try to manage your natural circadian rhythm by sleeping on time at night. Remove all distractions from your surroundings before you go to sleep. While adults require a good 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Children require a few hours more added to the much needed 7 in order to stay healthy. Sleeping heals your body and repairs all the damages it has suffered during the day. Sleep rejuvenates you and makes your immune system stronger. So always sleep on time and get complete sleep.
#4 Consume probiotics
If you want your health and immunity to improve, add probiotics to your diet. They contain healthy bacteria that keep your intestine and gut healthy.
Add curd, yogurt, shrikhand and lassi to your diet. You can also chop veggies and add them to the curd to enjoy it as a side dish or snack. Yogurt and fruits are a great combination too. Buttermilk and lassi can be enjoyed as drinks with food. Probiotics have a soothing effect on the digestive system and they also help you lose weight. If your gut is healthy you’ll always have good immunity.
Suggested Readings: Healthy Drinks that Improve GUT Health
#5 Add Vitamins & Minerals to your diet
Vitamin A, D, E, B complex and Vitamin C are your Saviour when it comes to improving your immunity. Good thing is that you can consume these vitamins via diet by eating specific fruits and vegetables.
Always consult your doctor before taking multivitamin and mineral supplements in addition to your diet.
Vitamin A is found in :
- Cod liver oil
- Orange and yellow vegetables and fruits.
- Other sources of beta-carotene such as broccoli, spinach, and most dark green, leafy vegetables.
- Fortified breakfast cereals.
- Fortified skim milk.
Vitamin D is found in :
- Fatty fish, like tuna, mackerel, and salmon.
- Beef liver
- Egg yolks
- Expose your skin to the early morning sun.
- Foods fortified with vitamin D, like some dairy products, orange juice, soy milk, and cereals.
Vitamin E is found in :
- Seeds such as sunflower seeds, chia and flax seeds.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach and broccoli.
- Vegetable oils.
- Nuts, such as almonds, peanuts, and hazelnuts.
Vitamin B complex is found in :
- Whole grains like brown rice, barley, millet.
- Meat such as red meat, poultry, fish.
- Eggs and dairy products like milk, cheese and curd.
- Legumes such as beans and lentils.
- Seeds and nuts like flax, chia and sunflower seeds. Almonds and walnuts.
- Dark, leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach.
Vitamin C is found in :
- Gooseberry (Amla)
- Bell peppers
Another important tip is to add Zinc in your diet. Minerals like zinc are found in :
- Meat-Meat is an excellent source of zinc
- Shellfish-Shellfish are healthy, low-calorie sources of zinc.
- Legumes like chickpeas, lentils and beans all contain substantial amounts of zinc.
Suggested Reading: 5 Fiber-Rich Foods You Should Be Eating Everyday
See our Video on boost your Immunity!
Want to talk to a specialist about your poor immunity and get a bonus tip to improve it?
Then consult Dr. Yuvraj Singh Gehlot, a super-specialist and India’s leading colorectal surgeon and find out how you can improve your gut bacterial health.
Visit Bangalore and let Bottom’s Up clinics take care of your problems for you under the keen supervision of Dr. Yuvraj Gehlot.
If you are suffering from low immunity and digestive issues and want the best advice and treatment then why not visit Bottom’s up clinic in Bangalore? It is the best clinic for the treatment of various issues in Bangalore.
Bottom’s Up clinics is one stop for getting excellent advice on diet, lifestyle and nutrition.
Our doctors and team of Nutritionists ensure that a correct and easy to follow diet is provided to all the patients in order to help them improve their immunity and digestive problems.
We also provide advice on changing lifestyle in a better manner and exercises that can help digestive issues. Our approach is preventive and holistic, with proper care and support we will ensure that you go home happy.
Let us help you because –
- We have 17 years of experience.
- More than 100,000 happy patients have been treated successfully in our clinic.
- We have won the trust of over 100,000 patients and counting.
- More than 16000 operations have been successfully conducted with no post-operative complications or complaints.
- We have positively impacted more than 5 lakh families, making their lives better and healthier.
- We follow a holistic approach with full privacy and intimacy.
- Our major focus is on the prevention of diseases.
- We make sure to provide complete support with the assistance of our expert Nutritionists.
- Specially designed yoga exercises and support is given to every patient.
- All aspects from prevention, treatment and avoidance support, all are provided under one roof.
So don’t sit and suffer in silence, don’t adjust your lifestyle to a bad immunity. Rather change your lifestyle to get a good one.
Bottom’s up clinics in Bangalore is always here to help and guide you. Get proper treatment done at a low cost in the most excellent way possible.